Research activity in our group is focussed on total synthesis of bioactive natural products, development of methodologies for synthesis of architecturally complex molecular structures using cycloaddition and olefin metathesis and Chiron approach for synthesis of enantio-pure molecules.
Professor Ghosh obtained Ph. D. in 1978 under the supervision of Late Professor U. R. Ghatak at Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Calcutta. During his Ph. D. he joined the Department of organic Chemistry, IACS as Research Assistant in 1977. He worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Case Western Reserve University with Professor R. G. Salomon as the mentor during 1979-1981 and 1984-1986 on study leave from IACS. He joined the Department of Organic Chemistry at IACS as Lecturer in1982 and began his independent research career. Subsequently he was promoted to Reader in 1987, Professor in 1994 and Senior Professor in 2005. . He also served IACS as Dean during 2009-2012. He was a visiting scientist at Liecester University for the period October-December, 1997 under INSA-Royal Society Exchange Program. He served as an Editorial Board Member in Journal of Chemical Sciences. He was a member in DST Management Advisory Committee for young Scientists, DST Program Advisory Committee (Organic Chemistry) and in Sectional Committee (Chemical Sciences) of Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore. He retired from service in April, 2014. Since then he is continuing his research as a J. C. Bose National Fellow. Research interest includes total synthesis of natural products, development of new synthetic methodologies, cycloaddition reactions, olefin metathesis, Chiron approach to asymmetric synthesis etc.
Will be available soon.Publications
Will be available soon.
- Fellow of The Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore.
- Fellow of Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
- Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Sciences and Technologies.
- Recipient of DST Ramanna Fellowship
- Recipient of DST J. C. Bose National Fellowship
- Recipient of Professor A. S. R. Anjanulu 60th Birthday Commemoration
- Award (Silver Medal) of Indian Chemical Society
- Recipient of Bronze Medal of Chemical Research Society of India
- Recipient of M. K. Rout Memorial lecture of Orissa Chemical Society